Third Party Terms
Modern Slavery Statement
Your contract with InfoTrack comprises three key elements:
InfoTrack General Terms + Product Terms + Third Party Terms
The General Terms span our entire relationship with you and governs your use of all InfoTrack Products and the InfoTrack Platforms.
Please see the InfoTrack Contracts page here for a summary of our contract model.
The new General Terms commence on 1 November 2023. Until then, the current General Terms and Conditions (Services) will remain in effect.
By continuing to use InfoTrack search and ordering products from us on or after 1 November 2023, you are agreeing to the updated InfoTrack General Terms.
If you do not agree to our new General Terms, you may simply cease using your InfoTrack account at any time before they become effective on 1 November 2023 without the need to provide us with notice. Alternatively, you may elect to close your account before the new General Terms become effective.
All Products that you order, access or use through your account on the InfoTrack Search Platform are covered by the General Terms as well as any relevant Product Terms and Third Party Terms. Your use of the InfoTrack Search Platform and any applications within the platform are also covered by the General Terms.
We have uplifted out General Terms to ensure better alignment to our third party supplier arrangements and to ensure compliance with the new ‘Unfair Contract Terms’ regime, which comes into effect on 10 November 2023 (see Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) (the Australian Consumer Law).
This opportunity to refresh our General Terms allows us to provide greater clarity and transparency on how we operate, how we make decisions that may affect you, and to reflect changes needed to ensure compliance with the most recent changes to Australian Consumer Law. This update will apply to your use of InfoTrack’s Products and your access to the InfoTrack platform.
The changes and differences between the previous General Terms and Conditions (Services) and the new InfoTrack General Terms are summarised below:
- Updated Product Specific Terms in an easier-to-navigate structure.
- Uplifted Information Security rights and obligations applicable to Us, including our obligations to remain compliant with ISO 27001 and ISO 9001.
- Incorporating updated third party supplier terms & disclaimers.
- Clarifying when third party supplier terms apply to you (for example, terms applicable to Titles that are prescribed by the state and territory Land Titles Offices).
- Improved termination rights in your favour, though your ability to cease using your InfoTrack account at any time remains unchanged.
- Clarifying the scope of the licences granted by InfoTrack to you, including general restrictions and any specific restrictions or authorised uses within the Product Specific Terms (where relevant).
- Clarifying the fee increase process.
- Clarifying our position for late or non-payment of fees by you, which may include the ability to convert you to direct debit.
- Clarifying ownership of intellectual property rights.
- Limiting and balancing both Parties liability and indemnity obligations.
- Uplifted Privacy Law rights and obligations applicable to You and Us in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Uplifted Confidentiality rights and obligations applicable to You and Us.
If you have further questions, please contact our HelpDesk on 1800 738 524.