Remote video VOI for your convenience
IDfy now allows you to perform VOI remotely from any location. When it’s not possible to meet in-person with your client, IDfy’s new remote option allows you to verify your client face-to-face via video. This is available on both Andorid and iOS.
How it works
- Use the ‘Remote’ IDfy option in the app to send your client a link to download a version of IDfy. Your client can download IDfy on their iOS or Android device from anywhere in the world.
- Once your client downloads IDfy, they enter their information, take photos of their identity documents and sign a declaration.
- You will receive a notification that your client has completed the process and then review their information.
- You initiate a video call to see your client face-to-face and take an additional photo of them to confirm likeness to their identity documents.
- You sign the verifier declaration and finalise the VOI to generate the secure VOI report.
- High quality call and video resolution.
- Ability to perform either in-person, come-to-you or remote verification within the app.
- Easy to use and intuitive for both verifier and client.
Find out more from answers to frequently asked questions about VOI.
Compliance with the VOI Standard
Conveyancing rules require practitioners to take reasonable steps to verify the identity of their clients. Rule 6.5.2 of the Model Participation Rules states that in order to comply with the requirement to take reasonable steps, you can either:
(a) apply the Verification of Identity Standard; or
(b) verify the identity of a Person in some other way that constitutes the taking of reasonable steps
ARNECC Model Participation Rules - 5.5
Conveyancing rules require practitioners to take reasonable steps to verify the identity of their clients. What constitutes reasonable steps is dependent on the circumstances of each individual case. Further enquiries should be made where doubt arises, or should reasonably have arisen, in relation to a transaction and a person’s identity. In cases where verification is unable to be conducted face-to-face due to remoteness, IDfy’s ‘remote’ option allows you to complete the verification by electronic means and conduct further steps to satisfy yourself of the person’s identity.
IDfy quick links