Who is eligible to enter?
The awards are open to everyone, including large law firms, conveyancers, corporates, accountants, boutique law firms, in-house teams, or any small or sole practitioners in Australia.
How do I enter?
Fill out the InfoTrack Client Centricity Awards nomination form.
Can a firm enter into more than one category?
Yes, simply fill out each category you wish to enter on the nomination form.
Can a firm win in more than one category?
What are the categories for these Awards?
Nominations will be judged on the following four categories:
- Client service and delivery - Has the nominee gone above and beyond for their client, whereby they exceeded their client’s expectations to deliver superior service?
- Use of technology - What technology/applications have been incorporated in a way that enhances the client’s experience and promotes innovation? Has technology they’ve introduced alleviated customer pain points and enhanced the customer experience.
- Cost management - Are they transparent in pricing by giving a standard flat fee? Or is their pricing structure designed around hourly rates or retainers? Does their pricing structure work to benefit their business as well as their clients?
- Employee engagement and morale - Has the nominee improved the staff engagement? Are there examples of a strong vision, staff surveys, team environment, employee development, reward or recognition program. Lastly, how much has the culture contributed to the overall client satisfaction?
- Submissions open - 16 May
- Submissions close - 14 July
- Judging - 17-27 July
- Finalists announced - 28 July
- Awards night - 24 August
- Winner announced - 24 August