Cybercrime has become corporatised with many criminals belonging to formal affiliations. The data held by lawyers is commercially very sensitive and media reports show legal offices overseas have been targeted. The law firm may be a target of data to be sold online, used in an extortion attempt such as ransomware or threatened with public disclosure of the sensitive data.
Join Graeme Edwards, Director of CYBER i Pty Ltd, as he covers:
- Brief outline of what cybercrime is
- Provide examples of cybercrime
- Why target law firms?
- Dark web where criminal goods and services are sold.
- How they target you online
- Social media
- Incident Response and Mandatory Data Breach reporting